Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Escolta Walk


The Regina Building.

Last July 12  I was boarding the LRT going to Gil Puyat when I remember I need to go to Quiapo Church to give thanks to the Black Nazarene. Then I realized I haven't got a chance to take pictures of Escolta so I grab my camera and walk the Escolta. The street is no that long yet the history  it posses is huge. Before Makati and T,aguig there is Escolta. Numerous stores lined Escolta ranging from Ice cream parlors, jewelry shops and bazaars, to name a few. Later in Pre-war days, department stores, insurance companies, banks and theaters opened in this famous street. 


Marker of the First United Building. 


Entrance of the Regina Building.


Another view of Escolta, the Natividad Buliding on the right.

Escolta as it was became the center of social life way before the openings of malls in Metro Manila. Later in the 60's the shine of Escolta slowly faded as the business centers move to Makati and later in Taguig. Today was was left of Escolta are the buildings that reminded us of role in Philippine history back then.

The Philippines National Bank Building from a far.

The Capitol Theater

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...